Experienced Project Estimator wanted for preparing estimates and bid documents for lighting and rigging installation services.
Project Estimator must have demonstrated ability to understand, diagnose and prepare accurate cost estimates for a wide range of projects. Knowledge of prevailing wage requirements when applicable, OSHA regulations, transportation logistics, materials sourcing and labor costs/issues. The Project Estimator is responsible for providing excellent customer service while maximizing profitability.
- contact and communication with all relevant parties including designers, engineers, vendors, subcontractors and customers
- all aspects of cost analysis including materials, shipping, labor, transportation, etc
- preparation and review of bid documents and materials
- developing competitive bid/pricing while maintaining maximum profitability
- analyzing completed projects to confirm profitability, identify unanticipated issues,
- ultimately improve the pricing/bidding process
The successful candidate will work well with a wide range of personalities, be a good communicator, with the ability to meet deadlines, and meticulously document activities. Demonstrated leadership ability and experience in theatrical equipment operation/installation required. Some travel required.
- Exceptional oral and communication skills
- Degree in technical theater or related field and 8+ years “real-world” experience in technical theatre
- Experience specifying and sourcing equipment and materials
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for thorough documentation and record keeping
- Strong computer aptitude including mastery of Microsoft Office and experience with
- AutoCad and other drawing programs
- Demonstrated understanding of current best practices and familiarity with a wide range of current technologies and manufacturers
- Current valid drivers license
- ETCP certifications strongly preferred
- Advanced certification in relevant equipment operation and maintenance
- Manufacturer-specific certification, ie ETC certification
- OSHA certification
- Competitive Salary
- Major Medical & Dental
- Vacation and Holidays
- Training and Professional Development
- Enjoy life in the beautiful, arts-rich environment of the Berkshires
Send letter and resume, including 3 work-related references to:
Limelight Productions, Inc.
471 Pleasant Street
Lee, MA 01238
or via email (MS Word docs or pdfs accepted as attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Limelight visit www.limelightproductions.com