Experienced Project Manager wanted for lighting and rigging installation services.
The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management for installations of theatrical lighting and rigging equipment including participation in the preparation of bids, submittals, change orders and close out documents; ordering equipment and supplies; scheduling and supervising labor; coordination with other onsite contractors ; and providing onsite training and warranty support. The Project Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service while maximizing profitability.
- contact and communication with all relevant parties including vendors, subcontractors and customers
- all aspects of project scheduling
- coordination with all trades, manufacturers and end users
- assisting with preparation and review of bid documents and materials
- managing project documentation including as-built records, operator manuals, etc
- customer invoicing
- problem solving/resolution
- Hands-on experience in technical theatre working with stage lighting and related equipment
- A basic technical theatre vocabulary
- Basic familiarity with industry-standard equipment
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical aptitude
- Enthusiasm for learning and growing
- Ability to work with a range of personalities
- A flexible, team-oriented, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to lift 50lbs is required
- Basic computer literacy and good communications skill
The successful candidate will work well with a wide range of personalities, be a good communicator, with the ability to meet deadlines, and meticulously document activities. Demonstrated leadership ability and experience in theatrical equipment operation/installation required. Some travel required.
- Degree in technical theater or related field and 5+ years “real-world” experience in technical theatre
- Demonstrated ability to manage personnel, time and resources
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong computer aptitude including mastery of Microsoft Office and experience with
- AutoCad and other drawing programs
- Current valid drivers license
- Ability to work with the widest range of personalities, under pressure while maintaining a sense of humor and “can do” attititude
- ETCP Rigging certification preferred
- Advanced certification in relevant equipment operation and maintenance
- Manufacturer-specific certifications
- ETC Rigging Installer
- OSHA certification
- Certification in installing JR Clancy Rigging Systems, ETC Rigging Systems and knowledge of ETC lighting & dimming systems.
- Clean driving record with ability to drive manual trucks.
- Competitive Salary
- Major Medical & Dental
- Vacation and Holidays
- Training and Professional Development
- Enjoy life in the beautiful, arts-rich environment of the Berkshires
Send letter and resume, including 3 work-related references to:
Limelight Productions, Inc.
471 Pleasant Street
Lee, MA 01238
or via email (MS Word docs or pdfs accepted as attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about Limelight visit www.limelightproductions.com